IDC Julius k9 Harness Review

Leave a Comment

IDC Julius k9 Harness in Camouflage: size mini. 29,95 euros

I must admit, I really enjoy collection different harnesses and putting the to the test. After trying a step-in H harness over the summer and finding rubs in Tobi's armpits I wasn't too amused. I needed something that was easy to put on, gentle on the skin, safe to use whilst cycling.



The new Julius k9 IDC (innova dog comfort) power harness is different from the original power har because of it's slant the ergonomically follows the shoulder line which allows for easier pressure distribution from the leash.

The harness comes with a set of velcro pads saying 'Julius k9' but you can switch them out for custom made ones or store bought ones. I already own a few like bodyguard, security, ball junkie and out of control. I do plan to order a few custom ones in the near future. The IDC harness comes in a variety of colours and patterns but I went for the camouflage print as it really suited tobi's fawn and taupe colouring.

IDC Julius k9 chest piece: size mini. 8,95 euros

Along with the harness I ordered a chest piece for more pressure distribution. I sometimes go cycling with tobi and if he does end up pulling there will be less stress over just the horizontal chest area. I also need to confess that it looks pretty darn badass (hehe). The clasp on the side is nice and big so easy to open and close, even with gloves and friggid fingers in the winter. I've washed the harness a few times already and it still looks like new, so no complaints there.


The ring on the back is nice and big for easy attachment. I have had leashes in the past with big clasps on them so this would definitely been great then! The handle on the top, between the shoulders is definitely a great addition as I travel by bike and public transport a lot. People don't seem to notice small dogs right away on crowded stations so I can hoist him right up onto my hip. The same goes for hoisting him into the crate on the front of my bike.

The only real complaint I'd have is that hairs stick to the inside like crazy (but hey, I've chosen for the fury pug life) and I would prefer the closure system of the handle to be like those on the larger sizes.

I bought my IDC power harness, chest pad and 2 labels from http://www.beestenspul.nl . Shipment was super fast, they even sent it earlier when I needed it the next day.

If you head over to his instagram account (@itstobithepug) you can see the harness in action!
Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.